An adaptive reuse of a historic pawnshop building built in 1887.
The Gold Cash Gold development is located on the revitalized Michigan Ave commercial corridor in the heart of Corktown, across from Roosevelt Park and the Michigan Central Depot. A whitewashed interior gets color from a stained glass installation inspired by the mismatched windows of the city’s industrial past; a rescued gym floor from an abandoned school; and a wall of pickled locally grown vegetables. The historic renovation included six loft residences ranging from 750-1200 sq. ft., including four 2-bedroom units and two 1-bedroom units.The design incorporated wood lath stripped from the plaster walls as decorative paneling. A newly constructed outdoor deck and balconies offer city views.